OOS Sculpture

Alliance War Monuments

1924 / Steven A. Rebeck, Sr. / Alliance

7c4aa09d77596a284a73d96b4e7150ee.jpg

In 1915, the central figures of two Civil War soliders were dedicated in the town square, with a globe with an eagle on top. In 1924, Cleveland sculptor Steven A. Rebeck's Abraham Lincoln replaced the globe and eagle along with two additional monuments several feet adjacent and on either side of this original: one a life-size image of a Spanish American War Soldier and a second of WWI. Sometime after 1924 the entire group was moved to a current Memorial Park several blocks from the town square.

Location: Freedom Square, E Main St | Previous Location: Alliance Town Square

County

: Stark

Citation

: Steven A. Rebeck, Sr., “Alliance War Monuments,” Ohio Outdoor Sculpture , accessed September 27, 2021, https://oos.sculpturecenter.org/index.php/items/show/988.

Title

Alliance War Monuments

Description

In 1915, the central figures of two Civil War soliders were dedicated in the town square, with a globe with an eagle on top. In 1924, Cleveland sculptor Steven A. Rebeck's Abraham Lincoln replaced the globe and eagle along with two additional monuments several feet adjacent and on either side of this original: one a life-size image of a Spanish American War Soldier and a second of WWI. Sometime after 1924 the entire group was moved to a current Memorial Park several blocks from the town square.

Date

1924

Publisher

Ohio Outdoor Sculpture

Identifier

988

Location City

Location County

Location Previous

Alliance Town Square

Location Notes

Sculpture group moved to Freedom Square, between 513 E Main and 449 E Main, sometime after 1924.

Location Site

Location Street

E Main St

Location Type

Media Sculpture Height

10 feet

Media Sculpture Width

10 feet

Materials