Lady Justice [Title Unknown]
1885 / Creator Unknown / Washington Court House
This statue of Lady Justice was installed on the dome of the courthouse when it was originally built in 1885. The statue has been removed at least twice for maintenance and repairs, most recently in 2009 when she was cleaned and painted gold. She originally held a set of scales in her proper left hand, but these were not replaced when she was most recently reinstalled for fear that they may break loose and injure a passerby on the ground.