OOS Sculpture

David K. Aeschliman Memorial

1976 / Creator Unknown / Archbold

Aeschliman Memorial.JPG

Three large stones placed erect at right angles to each other, holding plaques. The front plaque has a relief of the bust of David K. Aeschliman and smaller reliefs of the awards he was given (Purple Heart, Distinguished Flying Cross, O.L.C. Air Medal).

Location: Archbold Memorial Park, S. Pleasant St. and Lafayette St.

County

: Fulton

Citation

: “David K. Aeschliman Memorial,” Ohio Outdoor Sculpture , accessed July 29, 2021, https://oos.sculpturecenter.org/index.php/items/show/2137.

Title

David K. Aeschliman Memorial

Description

Three large stones placed erect at right angles to each other, holding plaques. The front plaque has a relief of the bust of David K. Aeschliman and smaller reliefs of the awards he was given (Purple Heart, Distinguished Flying Cross, O.L.C. Air Medal).

Date

1976

Subject

Publisher

Ohio Outdoor Sculpture

Identifier

2137

Location City

Location County

Provider Qualifier

Built by

Provider Entity

Archbold Area Jaycees

Location Site

Location Street

S. Pleasant St. and Lafayette St.

Location Type

Materials

Inscription

Front plaque reads;
"David K. Aeschliman"/"May 17, 1949"/"Jan. 16, 1970"/
"Two Purple Hearts"/Distinguished Flying Cross"/O.L.C. Air Medal"/
"Graduate of Archbold High School in May of 1967 and entered military service in June of 1967"/
Entered Vietnam in August of 1969 with the 1th air Calvary Troop B. 3rd Armored Squadron."/
"Shot down Jan. 12, 1970 and passed away four days later."
Right side plaque lists "Letters Honoring David"/"The White House"/"Washington"
Left side plaque reads,
"We, the Citizens of Archbold humbly dedicate this memorial in memory of those living and dead, who have served or given their lives that we may pursue our lives as we so choose."/"Archbold American Legion B.L.W.311"
Names and wars are then listed, followed by, "The David Aeschliman Memorial was built by the Archbold Area Jaycees. The landscaping was donated in memory of Terri VanPelt."/"Dedicated June 26, 1976"