Chardon's First Fire Bell
1879 / Creator Unknown / Chardon
Originally hung in Chardon Square's previously demolished fire tower, this bell dates to 1879. The fire tower, built in 1908, assisted firemen in watching for fires and calling fire fighters to action. It was slated for preservation, but crumbled during the process due to deterioration of the concrete bricks. The bell was then relocated to Chardon Square, where it stands today. A plaque with inscription reads, "CHARDONS FIRST FIRE BELL".