OOS Sculpture

Triad (Removed)

1978 / Leon Gordon Miller / Cleveland

triad1 1989.jpg

Three beaten copper 10-foot panels installed on 18-foot stainless stanchions in the plaza level, beneath CSU's Main Classroom. The building was dedicated on 10/21/1971, and the sculpture accepted in 1980. A copper plaque accepted by the Trustees on 11/17/1982, but Triad was removed on or before 2007, reportedly damaged.

County

: Cuyahoga

Citation

: Leon Gordon Miller, “Triad (Removed),” Ohio Outdoor Sculpture , accessed December 3, 2021, https://oos.sculpturecenter.org/index.php/items/show/1278.

Title

Triad (Removed)

Description

Three beaten copper 10-foot panels installed on 18-foot stainless stanchions in the plaza level, beneath CSU's Main Classroom. The building was dedicated on 10/21/1971, and the sculpture accepted in 1980. A copper plaque accepted by the Trustees on 11/17/1982, but Triad was removed on or before 2007, reportedly damaged.

Date

1978

Source

Correspondence in the CSU Archives

Location City

Location County

Location Street

East 22nd Street (elevated plaza)