St. Angela Merici, Foundress of the Ursuline Sisters
1990 / Norman Poirier / Cleveland
The statue is positioned as the focal point of the entryway into Ursuline College. St. Angela Merici established the Order of Saint Ursula (OSU - the initials that follow the names of all Ursuline Sisters) in 1535 for the purpose of educating young girls and women. It is a worldwide network of Catholic Sisters who maintain the charism of education to this day. Dedicated on October 18, 1990 honoring Herbert E. Strawbridge, former Ursuline College Board of Trustees Chair.